Our school is part of the Gatehouse Green Learning Trust and we use Bristol Local Authority’s admissions team to handle all of our school admissions. We have space for 30 children joining our reception class every year. You can apply here.
Prospective parents are very welcome to make an appointment to view the school, every year we set time aside for parents to come into school and to meet with the Early Years Leader, Governors and Head teacher as well as to take a look at the early years environment.
Unfortunately, this year, due to Covid-19 we are unable to offer viewings of the school. However, we have created a a virtual tour of reception class
If you would like to make an appointment to speak with the Early Years lead directly then please contact the school.
Nursery Provision - Owl Class
We currently have a number of fully funded 15 hour Term Time Only spaces for 3 and 4 year olds in our Owl Class.
Typically places are offered as follows:
Monday (9am-3:15pm) + Tuesday (9am-3:15pm) + Wednesday (9am -11:30am)
Wednesday (12:45pm - 3:15pm) + Thursday (9am - 3:15pm) + Friday (9am - 3:15pm)
Children will be able to start at the Nursery the term after their 3rd birthday.
In addition we offer a limited number of funded 30 hour Term Time Only spaces. To find out more and to see if you are eligible click here. These spaces are normally offered 9am-3pm Monday to Friday
If you require wrap around care for your child we offer a breakfast club from 8am and after school club to 5pm at a cost of £6.25 per hour. If you are interested in wrap around provision or adding additional hours to your free provision please notify us on your applicaton form. Spaces are limited but we are happy to work with you to find a solution to your childcare needs.
Lunch is part of the whole day sessions and parents are asked to provide a packed lunch or can pay for a school meal at a cost of £2.25 per day.
Owl class is part of Compass Point School and we work closely alongside the Reception Children. Details of the Early Year Curriculum can be found here. Unlike many nursery settings our nursery class is staffed by trained early years practitioners and a fully trained teacher.
To view a virtual tour of our Nursery please click here
If you would like to apply for our nursery please complete an online application form
How to apply
1. Parents / carers complete the online application. Once we have received your application you will be added to the wait list.
2. If you would like to look around please ask at the school office and they will arrange a visit to the Nursery.
3. You will be asked to bring in your child’s Birth Certificate or Passport as proof of age.
4. You will receive your confirmed offer of a place in writing. Your place will be held open for 2 weeks of the offer date.
4. If a place becomes available during the academic year, it will be offered to the next child who is eligible:
- Children in Need or with Special Educational Needs
- Children currently with a space at nursery returning for a second year
- Children who have siblings at the school
- Distance from the school
- Date of birth order, oldest child first.